Saturday, June 11, 2005

Big news day...

So yesterday-ish (thursday) I single handedly propelled the NCB softball team, aptly named the NCBeers, into the playoffs. I hear that the MLB is debating a golden glove for my center field performance.

Today-ish (friday), I went to a temp job not far from here. The company (name of company deleted) is a Republican polling firm. It went fine despite being outed as a raging libby within the first hour of my temp employment. Everyone was very nice (not surprised so don't draw inferences from that). The only thing was that I was extremely bored. I sat around until noon when my job actually started. Their phone system was not very appealing either. It was a not so bad experience though, and I enjoyed getting out and doing something for a day.

For those of you who don't know it, D.C. is VERY hot and humid right now and I'm trying to get used to it. This means bringing a hand towel with me wherever I go because I sweat more than a normal human should.

Also for those of you keeping track, it is one week till we leave for Myrtle beach. I cannot, repeat cannot, WAIT for this. It will be a much needed break from the dissapointments in my job search.

update on the job search: I haven't heard back from the NCB HR department yet. They told me that it would in fact be some time next week that I'll know for sure what my fate will be. Keep your fingers crossed. That's all for now. go back to your boring lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home