Thursday, July 07, 2005

London

So I woke up this morning/late and turned on TV. I used to be in the habit of turning straight to the news. However after an hour or so of channel surfing I finally decided to see what was going on in the world. The news did an excellent (read=shitey) job of informing me of things. They had the Sec. of Homeland Security raising the terror level for mass transit. It wasn't untill about 3/4's of the way through his speach that they started showing footage of London and I was able to start piecing things together through the questions from the reporters.

On this note I'd just like to say it's nice to see people walking (not running) through the streets of London, they have this permanent calm over there that's applaudable. I was also happy to learn that my cousin, Johanna, was ok. Apparently she uses one of the train stops all the time but wasn't there this morning. Hopefully she was sleeping in late as well. As my dad told me this afternoon: "That comes in handy sometimes huh?" Yes dad... I would know about how useful sleeping in is.

My friend J has a pretty good collection of stuff to keep us informed so check that out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home