Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Up to no good vol. 1 issue 3

So I decided the other day that I was done with Juno and I was done with webmail. I have now successfuly (after much time and setting up) created a Gmail account and am using Mozilla Thunderbird as my mail program. This means I will never have to check my mail through a java website EVER AGAIN. I'm very excited about this. I can't offer a review of thunderbird yet because I've only had it for a couple of hours, however it's got outstanding reviews (along with Mozilla Firefox, my default browser). These two programs will hopefully one day kill Outlook express and IE. For those of you who don't have my new email address, and would like to have it, I won't post it online in this blog. However, take heart. All you have to do is leave me a comment and it will be sent to my inbox and I will gladly reply with my new e-mail.

It took some time to actually move away from Juno. I've had the same e-mail address since about 9th grade. At that point Juno was free (still) but it would only dial in and check email. Which meant that every time you checked your email you had to dial into a number, download the messages and then you could read them. If you wanted to respond to something you had to dial in again. It was rather difficult having a thread going for a long period of time. So it's on to something bigger and better in terms of email. GMAIL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home