Sunday, August 21, 2005

Not much to report

So I started my "job" on monday. Or at least I've been training for it. It's alright, and I get to have some great beer. On friday I went to a temp job that was supposed to be pretty cool... but it was not. I was supposed to be working from 8:00am till 9:00pm at the national archives, looking through John Roberts documents for People For The American Way. Instead I was stuck in their headquarters from 8:30 till 6:00 doing data entry. That's all I'll publicly write about that... if you would like to know how the experience went you can contact me personally (same with my other "job").

A disclaimer for the next section: I'm sorry (to the person whom I shall not mention in this paragraph) but I have an honesty clause in my contract and I have to talk about this.

One of my friends will soon be moving down to the D.C. area, we think. He has asked to stay with me and my other friend Erica, flip flopping between apartments. Erica, meanwhile is moving closer to me so that she can be more easily annoyed (I can only assume that's the reason). Lately though the agreement is getting a little rough round the edges. Our friend is not contacting us that much and Erica is getting stressed with her move and I with my job situation. Luckily we have other friends who are getting sucked into the middle and offering such great advice as: "I don't care, I don't care, I don't care." ($10 to whoever can figure out who said that). I have taken this advice to heart and am pursuing a new strategy. I will know whether or not (and when) my friend is moving down here when there's a knock at my door. My only hope is that it is not while I'm working or else he'll have to momentarily suffer through D.C. humidity.

Went to go see The 40 Year Old Virgin last night. It's excellent, different style of humor from Dodgeball/Old School/Anchorman. Paul Rudd is hilarious although is MIA for most of the middle part of the movie. Watch out for scenes that include the words; bag of sand, age of acquarias, $12 and "you know how I know you're gay?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home