Sunday, August 07, 2005

Week(end) Wrap Up

So the Odd Men Out Tour was awesome. Ben Lee opened with about a 30 minute set (which was good cause I was really there to see the other Ben). Ben Folds surprised almost everybody at the concert by coming out second. He rocked the place for about an hour eventually standing up on his piano and conducting the audience along to the song "Not The Same" (aaaaaaaaAAAAAAA)... He was awesome and I'd just like to take this moment to point out what an astounding piano player he truly is. I don't think he gets enough credit for it. Rufus came out last and toned things down a little. He played a song he wrote for Jeff Buckley and then played Hallelujah (a Leonard Cohen song made famous by Jeff Buckley). He also played a song called "Between My Legs" which he claims is about the end of the world.

My Grandparents house in Penfield was auctioned off (along with about 90% of their belongings) last week. It was a bit sad/frustrating to hear about, but it's over and done with now. Hopefully that means this whole drawn out series of events will be coming to an end as well. The true irony of the auction came with my realization that it happened around (give or take a day) the same time that my Grandfather passed away 3 years ago AND the decision to sell the house (made unilatterally) came on the same weekend that my Grandmother passed away a year ago. The phrase: "A strong kick to the groin" comes to mind.

*Spoiler Alert*
I've been sitting around watching the first two seasons of Six Feet Under on DVD lately. It's one of those great shows that provides its own stories. I haven't been keeping up with it at all and am totally lost if I miss a show or two but it's well worth the 4.15 or whatever at blockbuster. The other day though, I was watching the TVGuide channel and saw that Nate, basically the main character (kinda like Dr. Carter on ER was), DIED! HE DIED! They killed off one of the best characters in the final season of SFU! How sad is that?

If you're wondering why I hadn't posted since Tuesday, it's because I had about 15 other things I was going to talk about too, but I figured that if I waited a while I would forget the stupid crap and remember the interesting stuff. Guess that didn't work out though cause I wrote mostly about the stupid crap. Oh well, your loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home