Thursday, September 22, 2005

Meditation On...

On those annoying "Support our Troops" bumper magnets. I have a multitude of reasons why these are annoying. First, if I don't have one, do I not support the troops? What if I don't own a car and have no place to display such patriotism, am I a commie? Second, why magnets? Is that so when the war is over we can stop supporting them? Where were the 'support our troops' masses before the wars? Are they sort of like 2005 season Red Sox fans? Where were these magnets made? I bet they were made in China. Lastly, it's good to be supportive of our armed forces, they do a job that most of us don't want to think about. However, let's not mistake patriotism for nationalism. Also, let's not mistake true support of Americans (military or not) for magnets that say "support our troops".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home