Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I am going to make a strong effort...

To be a nice guy.

I know what you might say, 'but jeff, you're already such a nice guy', and you'd be right. But the fact remains that over the years I have stayed at the same level of niceness while others have either improved their niceness or become less nice. I've reached my breaking point. It's time for me to look nice in the eye and say 'it's time to fish or cut bait' and I'm hoping nice will say, 'let's go fishing'.

No longer will I let things just slide by without comment. If I walk past a person on the street I will not simply nod at them in appreciation of their humanity, I will say 'hello'. If a checkout person at Trader Joe's or Giant bags my groceries I won't say 'thank you', I will say 'thank you very much'. If someone calls me I won't just say 'hello', I'll say 'hi, how are you?'

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!"
We're going to live on! We're going to survive!
Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
-President Thomas Whitmore

p.s. - this is a future thank you to pete for allowing me to poke fun at his totally honest and serious blog post and to let him know that this was not an attempt to be... well what he is trying to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Petey said...

You're such a dick.




Teach me.

8:54 AM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home