Friday, January 06, 2006

new years update

So it's 5 or 6 days into the new year (depending on how you really look at it) and so far I have to say things are pretty much the same. I have a feeling this won't be the year of the jetpack or teleporter... what a disapointment!

The restaurant's closed so I have nothing really to do. Daytime TV is hooooooorible. I had forgotten just how bad it is. I have a couple of irons in a luke-warm fire right now. Politemps is awesome as always. There's two girls there who always look out for cool jobs for me whenever I'm available. Right now there's two possibilities, one with AIPAC (the pro-israel lobby) and one with two dem lobbyists (I KNOW! DEM LOBBYISTS! WHO KNEW THEY STILL EXISTED!)[sorry my caps must have gotten stuck there...] I also have applied to two massachusetts cong. offices that I will never hear back from and another restaurant. All I know right now is that I need money in a bad way and I need to do something other that sit around or I will go insane again.

I had a good chat with my friend Meredith tonight. I got a chance to see her while I was home this past christmas. I hadn't seen her in 5 years. Kids have been born and started preschool in the time that it has been since I had seen her. CRAZY. Anyway, she was singing the praises of a book called; "He's just not that into you". She said she did the 'ol RHA thing on it (for those of you not in the know that stands for Read Highlight and Annotate). She was trying to get me to read it and I told her the only way I would read something like that is if she sent me her copy so I could read her chicken scratch in the margins. Keep your fingers crossed people!

New CD's (to me anway): Snow Patrol - Final Staw (*****)
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible (*****)
The Bravery -The Bravery (***1/2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home