Monday, February 13, 2006

How odd?

The news today was dominated, and I do mean dominated, by the news that Cheney had gone on a murderous rampage... without the murder or rampage part. The Wonkette, 2, was ready to name him Veep for life till they realized that Arron Burr was cooler (for his attempted takeover of the US.) The White House Press corps was up in arms and at one point David Gregory even called Scott McClellan a...(drumroll)..."jerk". So why is this odd? Because the whole event, as I'm sure everyone knows by now, took place on saturday. The news didn't get wind of this however until sunday night. Why wait 20 hours to release something that can could be so incredibly damaging? My immediate reaction was likely the same as many people, that this was just another example of the secretiveness of this white house. I wonder if they release when birthdays are? What if a staffer asks how someones day is going, do they say that there is an investigation underway and when it's completed we'll have all the answers?

Anyway back to purpose. I have an informational interview this week which I'm looking forward to. It's always nice to get out and do something different even if you've already been doing something different. This meeting was arranged by my uncle Peter who has been kind in helping me in my ongoing job search. As for the interview that I did a while back I still haven't heard if it's been published but I've been keeping track so I'll be sure to link or post it when it's finished.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Petey said...

Can you at least spell my name right. I mean, what, I've only known you like 7 years and it's plastered all over the very website in which my name is linking to.

Jesus Geoff.

12:07 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Leighton said...

Okay.

5:55 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home