Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snowmeggedon: Update


The snow has finally started to stick to the ground. Snowmeggeddon has started. Unfortunately I don't have the photo taking ability (ie lack of digital camera) to give y'all a good idea of what it looks like out there.

I took this picture with my cell phone about 30 minutes ago and have been touching it up ever since so that you can actually see what's in the picture. The parts that weren't completely black were filled up with the light of the street lamp.

It's kind of a shame really because Alexandria always looks nice when it's covered in snow, I like it better when it's covered with leaves and 100 degree weather, but beggars can't be choosers. So, snowmeggedon has begun after hours of dissapointment. Every year weathermen make predictions that it will snow 15 feet and we'll all die of snow-exposure. It never happens, we always get about 1/2 an inch of snow and they'll make some lame excuse to explain it away. Today, the heaviest snow was supposed to come between 3-5pm, I'll spare you the details but lets just say as of 2 hours ago they were saying the heaviest snow will fall between 3-5...am.

I think weathermen (and of course women) have side deals with grocery stores and home depot. It's just a theory... but I'm sure I can get enough proof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home