Thursday, February 02, 2006

So you may have noticed...

That I haven't mentioned anything about the state of the union... besides the whole human-animal hybrid thing that we're all still puzzling about. It's not because I have a lack of thoughts about it, it's more that I have an over-abundance. My fingers won't allow me to type it all out.

Just a couple of things that I do want to say though. Democrats need to do more than just clap at the failing of Bush's social security reform. Did it show an unusual amount of backbone? yes, however they aren't really doing anything else to capitalize on what pundits have called Bush's worst year.

When Bush comes out and says, make the tax cuts permanent because it's what is responsible, does he realize how backwards that is? Don't we need to, I don't know, balance the budget? It's kinda ridiculous how we all fall for it too. Yeah yeah, that makes sense... make them permanent so that we get more money back. Deficit? what's that? where's my tax return check?

Seeing as how it's 2006, not 2001, can we please stop invoking Sept. 11th? Why not focus on the current situation, why not start talking about March 2003?

If there's one thing I don't like it's this; using, emphasis on USING, our armed forces and their families for a photo op. Is this the 2nd year in a row that Bush has praised the family of a fallen soldier who just so happened to be in the house gallery? We're already putting them in harms way, do we really need to take such public advantage of them as well? Also, what was the point of inviting a dog to the SOTU if you're not even going to mention it?

That's all I got for right now, although, I was a little dissapointed in the Wonkette's coverage of the SOTU last night. In fact I'm a little dissapointed in the Wonkette altogether right now. These new editors will have to earn a little respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home