Thursday, February 16, 2006

Way too much time spent online

I realized tonight after I found this; Cute Overload, and after Joel described a picture that he had found online of a guy dressed up as a transformer, that we spend WAY too much time online. After thinking about that for a split second I counted how many devices we currently have hooked up to the internet. We have an X-box with an Xbox Live account, 3 laptops and a Tivo. That's right we have 5 devices that are hooked up to the internet in our house. We are bandwidth junkies.

Right when I was going to bed tonight my wireless adaptor turned off. Even though I was about to close my eyes and enter dreamland, I couldn't take it that my laptop might not be able to get new mail, or receive an IM. I tried the usual lo-tech fixes (turning my laptop off and on, clicking furiously, then saying "hmmm...") but none of those worked. So I did the next logical thing, I went out into the living room to see what the deal was. Turns out the Tivo was being a network hog and now all is swell in the land of laptops. But that's what really got me thinking. What if I took a day off from the internet? Is that really possible anymore?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think you're a junkie?

10:11 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Shenanigans said...

haha, yeah, definitely.

10:17 PM, February 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home