Monday, April 03, 2006

Stay Tuned

It's coming up on my 1 year blog-day, but I'll talk about that on the actual blog-day. In the mean time I will try to keep this post from discussing that topic too much, but it will be difficult.

One year ago I started Shenanigans with the intent of writing about my job search. At that point I had been out of work for about 4 months. The year followed my immense boredom at times and some of the non-specifics of my odd jobs. Mostly though, it followed my daily doings and thoughts.

On friday I had a phone interview, one that I thought didn't go so well. I have said before that I'm not the greatest interviewee and it held true. The entire interview lasted about 15 minutes. It was the second interview I had had in as many days. I can't talk about the second interview, but the first one went really, really well and it would have meant me leaving for Montana for a couple months.

I got a call today around 2:00 asking me if I would like a job. A JOB. Let me say that again, I got a call today around 2:00 asking me if I would like a JOB. Without going into too much detail, I was given aboud 3 hours to make my decision. Why would I need this absurd amount of time to make a decision? Because it would mean that I would have to move to another state. After about 14 different phone conversations, about 30 pacing sessions, 5 banging my head against the proverbial wall sessions, I made my decision.

The day started out with me looking forward to the Red Sox/ Rangers game at 2:00pm. I had been looking forward to this for about 2 days. This one call made sure that I was not allowed to watch Curt Schilling for the rest of the day, I should have Tivo-d it.

So after a lot of support from my friends and parents, especially my parents who have been great for so many reasons, I made my decision. I took the job. I have a job! After countless interviews that I got my hopes up for, after hundreds of my resume floating around, I finally did it. I've burned a bridge on the way out of town, I won't mention who because of the first rule of blogging. Let me just say they take a moment to realize what happened and they don't hold it against me that I have a JOB! A JOB!

So what does this mean for Shenanigans? I'm not sure. It won't be going away, but I doubt I'll be posting 1-3 times a day anymore. So stay tuned for the future of Shenanigans.

Thanks to everyone who sent words of encouragement and especially to my parents. Before I drift into an over the top Oscar speach I'll end it there. Thanks again

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Thank you for making your comment on Wonkette. You wouldn't believe how many times I'm tired of hearing "Cynthia McKinney" for the past week. She calls it "racial profiling" but what else can you call a black man/woman running away from the police or security? If she had worn her pin or just stopped for the officer, my ears would not bleed for the numerous times I have to hear "McKinney" each day on the local news.

By the way, good luck on the job.

5:26 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home