Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Back

For now,

I'm done with my old job which do partly to time constraints, as well as an official policy, I wasn't blogging much at all.

Since my job is done I can now do two things, first I can blog again but I also get go job searching again. As some of you know this is my absolute favorite thing in the world. I love searching for jobs. First, where else do you get to put yourself out there on a daily basis hoping for rejection? I don't say hoping because I want to be on welfare or anything, but because about 99 times out of 10 (yes I meant ten) you receive no feedback at all. Take for instance this ratio: 73:1. Those aren't random numbers, 73 is the number of resumes I have sent out, 1 is the number of times I've gotten responses. 1 also happens to be the number of rejections I've received.

Secondly, I get to spend money hand over fist, money that I don't have, just to subject myself to this. I also get to sleep on a couch in my friends apartment and live out of a couple of suitcases.

Thirdly, I have regained this psychotic attachment to my laptop, hoping that at any moment I will receive that email that would be offering me an interview. Which brings me to my next reason for loving job searches...

Fourthly, I get to go to interviews again, where I'm put on display. In the past I have often freaked out in front of people who were putting me on the spot. Thanks to my last job and the number of meetings I had to take with self-important people I have lost most of this nervousness.

I could have a fifth reason coming soon, so keep reading.

It's nice to be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home